The NIU distributor warrants all parts of the vehicle except those listed under the caption “What is not covered.” See reverse side for details. This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct manufacturer defects in materials or workmanship. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
WHAT MUST YOU DO?
You must properly use, maintain and care for the vehicle as outlined in the NIU owner’s manual. You must maintain a record of the vehicle’s required periodic service and inspections You will be required to provide this documentation upon request for all warranty claims. Periodic service and inspection are considered regular maintenance and are not reimbursable.
WHAT MUST ANY AUTHORIZED NIU DEALER DO?
Warranty repairs will be made at no charge for parts or labor. Any parts replacement will be made with new parts. NIU dealers must follow other warranty terms and provide rights under various state’s laws.
Any implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose shall be limited to the duration of this written warranty. See reverse side for details. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
You may have other rights, which may vary, from state to state.
NIU’s distributor does not authorize any person to create for it any other warranty, obligation, or liability in connection with this product.
HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY?
The warranty on the chassis and battery is effective for TWO years from the date of purchase by the original owner of a new Niu model. Non-transferable.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED? (WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS)
- Any damage resulting from failure to follow specific requirements and/or negligence of the periodic maintenance schedule as described in the Owners Manual and/or supplementary documentation provided upon vehicle delivery;
- Consumable replacement parts. NIU will not warrant parts worn due to natural wear and tear such as drive belt, drive chain, sprockets, brake pads, brake shoes, clutch / friction material, light bulbs, fuses, rubber parts, tubes/ tires, fluids and cables;
- • Any damage resulting from use of non-NIU parts, accessories, batteries, chargers, ECUs, motor controllers, lubricants, cleaning products, or fluids not specified/approved by NIU;
- • Any damage resulting from repair, adjustment, or maintenance performed by any person other than a NIU distributor or dealer;
- • Any damage resulting from repair, adjustment, modification, or maintenance by any methods other than those specified by NIU;
- • Any damage resulting from hard driving, racing, or operation of the vehicle in a manner which it was not designed for;
- • Any damage resulting from use beyond the limitations specified in the Owner’s Manual such as overloading the vehicle, or any damage from use under abnormal conditions;
- • Any damage caused when the product is used in any commercial capacity including but not limited to use as a rental vehicle;
- • Any damage resulting from modifications to the vehicle including but not limited to the use of performance/aftermarket parts;
- Any damage resulting from the passage of time including but not limited to natural fading, bubbling, oxidizing, chipping, cracking, peeling, tearing, rust, corrosion and other forms of deterioration;
- Any damage that results from operations not in accordance with those specified in the Owner’s Manual;
- Sensational phenomena that do not affect performance or function of the product such as engine noise, vibration, or seepages;
- Any damage due to improper parking, storage, or transport;
- Any damage resulting from unavoidable natural disasters, fire, collision, theft, and second damages based on any of these occurrences;
- Any damage resulting from oils, smoke, chemical products, bird droppings, sea water-breeze, salt or other similar items;
- Incidental or additional expenses incurred for making any claims such as those for towing, communications, hotels and meals, as well as any losses during maintenance period, such as loss of time, loss of business and rental car expenses;
- Any damage resulting from failure to charge, use and maintain the battery as instructed in the Owner's Manual.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS VOID IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE:
Modification of the motor and/or battery is a violation of Federal Law, and will render the warranty null and void.
Vehicle MUST BE INSPECTED by an authorized NIU dealer within 500 miles from date of purchase else the NIU LIMITED WARRANTY will be null and void.
You are required to maintain a dealer service and inspection record which will be required upon application for any benefits covered by the NIU LIMITED WARRANTY.
You are required to actively and conscientiously maintain the battery state-of-charge. Failure to charge the battery for an extended period of time will permanently damage the battery or render it useless.
Damage resulting from negligence will not be covered under the NIU LIMITED WARRANTY.
NIU may alter this document with or without notice at any time. Determination of misuse will be made solely by NIU.